Whats your tipple?.

Go down

Whats your tipple?.

Post  Nelix on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:54 am

Mine is TEA..I love a cuppa T anytime..Its the worlds favourite tipple!. I'm not too keen on the poncy flavoured ones though, just a nice ordinary brew.. Very Happy

The cuppa has long been the nation's Number One pick-me-up of choice - you just have to think how many cups you or your friends and colleagues drink each day. We often reach for a cuppa when our spirits need reviving; but is there any truth in the fact that people say tea is good for you?

Getting to the heart of the matter. Long stressful days at work, lack of exercise, too much convenience food that is high in fat and sugar but low in fibre, can all take its toll. A well-earned tea break is often the way to catch your breath, but it can also help maintain heart health as part of your healthy diet and lifestyle that includes plenty of exercise.

Studies from around the world are finding that the some of the ingredients in tea may help towards maintaining a healthy heart. A national study of 1,764 women in Saudi Arabia showed that tea drinkers were 19% less likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease than non-tea drinkers. In Holland, 806 men who consumed the greatest amount of catechins (a type of flavonoid) were 51% less likely to die of heart disease during the 10-year study period, compared with men who consumed the lowest amount.

Further studies are looking into how tea could help your heart. The results from trials so far show that flavonoids may prevent the oxidation of the so-called bad cholesterol in the blood that leads to the build up of plaque in artery walls, as well as helping to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.

Still more research is becoming available every day which continues to point to tea being a good option for consumers who want tea as part of their healthy lifestyle.
http://www.tea.co.uk/tea-4-health
Nelix

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats your tipple?.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 am

red wine
vodka
taboo
ooh there s many

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:48 am

Coffee with cream and a little sugar.
Colin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leaf on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Hot drinks - tea ( English Breakfast ) coffee , normal with milk ( no latte or fancy stuff)
Alcoholic - Southern Comfort and lemonade with ice What a Face

Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelix on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:51 pm

When i was a pisshead..errr...i mean the occational drinker geek my tipple was Whisky+dry..A very large one.. drunken and i love a latte with a choccy biscuit.. cheers
Nelix

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:04 pm

hee hee im on the red wine as we speak xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelix on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 pm

You little tippler.. Very Happy Never got on with red wine, it gives me shoulder ache Shocked Do ever get that? I do like a nice Hock and champagne with cranberry juice.. What a Face
Nelix

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 pm

hee hee i nealr y had the whole bottle i put a little bit of lemonade in tto as its quite strong , god im gonna suffer int he morn and to top it all im getting a cold or virus . oh poor me xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:38 am

Awwww hope you feel better soon Kinkyboots. Surprised

I loved tea and hated coffee all of my life then all of a sudden the smell of coffee had me diving for the Nescafe jar and the smell of tea made me feel quite sick!

Night time tipple is vodka & diet coke although in the summer I enjoy pear cider with lots of ice. sunny

Last edited by Silver on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:12 pm

red wine with lemonade or peppermint tea Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Whisky, coffee, diet coke. Not all at once!

Back to top Go down

Post  Clans on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:53 am

I'll drink jist aboot anything
Clans
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelix on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:55 pm

For all you tipplers, too much booze can pile the pounds on so i've got you something... Very Happy
Nelix

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:08 pm

awww thanks lol only drink at weekends sometime .id rather drink peppermint tea

Back to top Go down

Post  Leaf on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am

I only have a drink ..oh hold on !!!.... give us some of that water Shocked

Leaf

Back to top Go down